Well as you may or may not know, we at ThunderShirt LOVE any reason to celebrate our furry friends! We hope you enjoy this fun, healthy St. Patrick’s Day dog treat recipe… who knows maybe it will bring you both good fortune!
Based off the flavors of the traditional Irish-American dinner of corned beef and cabbage, these treats are much healthier for your dog than the human version. In fact, one of the common spices in corned beef, paprika, is actually poisonous to dogs.
1 cup flour
½ tsp salt
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon grated carrots
2 tablespoons flaxseed oil
½ cup low-sodium beef broth
Shamrock cookie cutter
1. Mix flour, salt, carrots and parsley together in mixer
2. Add flaxseed oil and mix
3. Add beef broth; mix until all dry ingredients are moistened
4. Roll dough out on floured surface to a 1/8” thick sheet
5. Cut into shamrocks using a cookie cutter
7. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
8. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes
Makes about 10-15 cookies, depending on size of shamrock.
Be sure to let the treats cool thoroughly before giving to your dog. These make great party favors for St. Patrick’s Day guests, or just to spoil your own Irish-loving pup!