Thundershirt is reminding all pet parents that Halloween can be a common cause of dog and cat anxiety and uneasiness. High volume trick-or-treaters and increased doorbell rings paired with flamboyant costumes and decorations can lead to barking or erratic behavior. For pets prone to noise or crowd anxiety, Thundershirt provides an effective, simple solution.
With its patent-pending design, Thundershirt’s gentle, constant pressure has a dramatic calming effect for dogs and cats if they are anxious or fearful. Anxiety experts believe that pressure has a calming effect on the nervous system and releases calming hormones like endorphins or oxytocins.
Thundershirt also encourages pet parents to keep the following in mind as the “scary” holiday approaches:
- Keep Halloween candy out of your pet’s reach. Candy and chocolate consumption can be harmful to pets when ingested.
- Be weary of costumes. Uncomfortable fabrics or constrictive outfits can cause pets unnecessary anxiety and stress or make it hard for them to move, breathe, bark or meow.
- Make sure all cords and wires from lights and decorations are safely away from your pets. If chewed, pets can suffer cuts, burns or shocks.
- When opening the door for trick-or-treaters, take care that your cat or dog doesn't dart outside.
- Don’t forget ID’s! Make sure your dog or cat has proper identification. If for any reason your pet escapes and becomes lost, a collar and tags and/or a microchip is key.
Read the full story here: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/10/prweb9961823.htm